Today here in this guide we are sharing you the guide to Unlock Bootloader Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro easily. As you guys know recently Xiaomi released the Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro phones in Indian market with some of the best specs and features. And many users already pre-booked the phone and some of them already get the phone in their hand. So this guide is for those users who want to root Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro, to root the phone first you have to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro.
The process is very easy and one of the fastest way to Unlock Bootloader Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro. So let’s get started and start the unlocking process of bootloader on Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro with the help of Mi Flash Unlock Tool.
We the Howtorootmobile.com team or the developers are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. Read all the instruction very carefully and Perform everything at your own risk.
Check phone Model
This guide is only for the Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro Android smartphone. Don’t try this method on any of other Android devices, It may hard brick your device. So, first confirm your phone model number in your android phone settings. To do this Go the Settings page of your device and check out the “About Device” option.
Requirements to Unlock Bootloader Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro
Before following the below Mention guide, It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites and requirement to stay safe.
1. Backup your phone data – Do take the Full Backup of your Android Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks. This one is one of the most important steps that you have to follow, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps. For help on Backup and Restore check out the below mention guides.
3. Charge Your Phone – If your device switched off during this process, it could damage or brick the device. Make sure that your Android battery is full charge or near about 50-70% battery level.
After following the above mention steps follow the below mention guide one by one to proceed with the tutorial. All the above mention steps are very important, so do follow all the steps and do exactly what is told.
Steps To Unlock Bootloader Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro
This tutorial will solve:
- 86012 error
- 10008 error
- Cannot connect to network
- Not receiving confirmation SMS
- Stuck at 50%
- Stuck at 99%
- Current account is not bound to this device
- Couldn’t verify device
1. First, go to your phone. Setup your MIUI account by going to Settings -> Mi-Account
2. Request For Unlocking Permission. Open the MIUI Browser from your phone. Apply for permission here
3. Once you are on permission page. Use your phone number with your country prefix to log in. Write a genuine reason, 2-3 sentences. And after some time you will receive a confirmation SMS (Within 2 or 3 days)
4. Once you received the unlocking permission of Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro. Download the Mi Flash Unlock Tool here.
5. Enable developer options by going to Settings -> About phone and tap 7 times on MIUI version. Go to Settings -> Additional Settings -> Developer Settings and tick OEM Unlocking and USB debugging. Go to Settings -> Additional Settings -> Developer Settings – afterward Status and press Unlock
6. After that Turn your Mobile data, Sync, WiFi and GPS on and wait for 5 minutes and don’t turn them off afterward.
7. Now open the Mi Cloud on your browser by clicking here
8. Login With the Phone Number that you used to create MIUI Account above.
9. From there Click on Find device and locate your phone.
10. Now open the Mi Unlock tool folder and there you will see a file called MiUsbDriver, open it and press Install.
11. Log in to Mi Unlock by opening miflash_unlock tool on your Windows PC with the same phone number you used in obtaining the unlock permission.
12. Now switch off your phone and go into Fastboot by pressing Volume down and Power simultaneously and connect your phone to the PC with the USB cable.
13. Once it shows a handset in Mi Unlock click on Unlock button.
14. Wait a minute and you are done
Your phone’s bootloader is now UNLOCKED
NOTE: Some users may see something like this
It’s not a big deal, just wait the number of hours that are shown there and then try unlocking the phone again. By using this tutorial you will get only 48 hours.
Once the bootloader is unlocked, you can easily Install TWRP Recovery to Flash Custom ROMs or to grant root access.