Want to know how to root the Xioami Mi A1 And Install TWRP recovery on the Mi A1 Android One Phone. Here is the full tutorial to do the same with the help of ADB commands. All you have to flash two files on your phone to get the root access on your new Xiaomi Mi A1 Android One. But before that, you need to unlock the bootloader of the Mi A1 phone. Here is the guide which you use on your Xiaomi Mi A1 to unlock the bootloader.
Mi A1 is the first phone from the Xiaomi mobile which will not run on the MIUI os and powered by the Google Android One. Yes, the phone is running on the stock version of the Android, that means you can find any Mi application on the phone like MI Account, Mi Themes, Mi Apps and all. So without wasting the time let’s root the Mi A1 android one phone and install the Custom TWRP recovery.
We the Howtorootmobile.com team or the developers are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. Read all the instruction very carefully and Perform everything at your own risk.
Check phone Model
This guide is only for the Xiaomi Mi A1 Android One smartphone. Don’t try this method on any of other Android devices, It may hard brick your device. So, first confirm your phone model number in your android phone settings. To do this Go the Settings page of your device and check out the “About Device” option.
Requirements to Root Xiaomi Mi A1 Android One
Before following the below Mention guide, It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites and requirement to stay safe.
1. Backup your phone data – Do take the Full Backup of your Android Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks. This one is one of the most important steps that you have to follow, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps. For help on Backup and Restore check out the below mention guides.
3. Charge Your Phone – If your device switched off during this process, it could damage or brick the device. Make sure that your Android battery is full charge or near about 50-70% battery level.
After following the above mention steps follow the below mention guide one by one to proceed with the tutorial. All the above mention steps are very important, so do follow all the steps and do exactly what is told.
Steps to Install TWRP on Xiaomi Mi A1 Android One
1. Install the ADB drivers here and this will create an ADB folder on your Windows PC C drive.
2. Now download the TWRP recovery for the Mi A1 here and Rename it to the TWRP – Link Coming soon.
3. Now Enable USB Debugging mode on your device. (Settings>Developer Options> Enable USB Debugging). If you can’t find the Developer Options, Go to Settings> About Phone> Tap on build no. for 7 times. Now you can see the option in settings.
3. Now open the ADB folder and open the command prompt window in the folder.
4. Boot your phone is fastboot mode. Switch off your phone and Hold Volume Up + Power button.
5. Once your Mi A1 Android one in Fastboot mode. Connect it to the PC with USB cable.
6. Now in the Command prompt windows run the following command to install twrp.
fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
7. Now this will install the TWRP recovery on your phone.
8. Enter this command to reboot your phone.
Now your phone will boot and TWRP is installed on the Mi A1 Android one phone.
How to Root Xiaomi Mi A1 Android One phone
1. Once your phone is booted. Download the SuperSu zip file here and save it in the internal memory of the phone.
2. now boot your phone in TWRP mode. To do this Switch off the phone first. Hold Volume Down + Power Button.
3. Now your phone will be in the TWRP recovery mode.
4. Tap on the Install Button and Locate the SuperSu zip file and flash it.
5. Once the flashing process is completed. Reboot System.
Now your phone will boot and the supwerSu app in installed on your Phone. So this is the way which you can use on your phone and root the Mi A1 Android Phone. If you have any doubts then leave the comments below.