A few weeks back Chinese mobile company Xiaomi released the Redmi 4 Prime and Redmi 4 Pro in the market. After the launch of these new phone, the developer released the Rooting tool for the Redmi 4 Prime/Pro, which you can get with the help of TWRP custom recovery. Here in this post, we will show you how you can root the Redmi 4 Prime/Pro and install the TWRP custom Recovery.
First, you need to install the TWRP recovery on your phone, and after that, you have to flash one supersu zip file on your p[hone to get the root access on Redmi 4 Prime/Pro. TWRP recovery is one of the most great recovery, which allows you to install Zip files, Custom ROMS. Custom kernels and helps you to take the full system backup of your phone.
Note: You must have an unlocked bootloader on your device to be able to install TWRP recovery. Xiaomi has its own tool to bootloader unlock on its devices, check it out here.
Table of Contents
Files you need To Root Redmi 4 Prime/Pro
Install TWRP recovery on Redmi 4 Prime/Pro
1. Install ADB drivers from here and this will create a new folder on your Windows C Driver (C:/ADB).
2. Download TWRP recovery .img file for your Redmi 4 Prime/Pro and save in the ADB folder that you created above.
3. Now rename the TWRP image file (cofface_twrp_recovery_markw_1121.img) to TWRP.img.
4. Enable USB debugging from setting > developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
5. ow Open the ADB folder where you save the TWRP.img file. Now open a command window inside that folder. To do that, “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open command window here” from the context menu.
6. Connect your Phone to the computer with the USB cable and run the following command on the command prompt windows to boot your pie in fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
7. Now your phone will boot into the fastboot mode. Now run the following command into command window to flash the TWRP.img file:
fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
8. Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, issue the following command to reboot:
That’s all. TWRP recovery is successfully installed on your phone. Now the next step is to root the phone.
Root Redmi 4 Prime/Pro using SuperSU
1. Download the SuperSU zip file from the download link above to your Redmi 4 Prime/Pro internal/external storage.
2. Now boot your phone in TWRP recovery mode.
3. Once your phone in the TWRP recovery mode. Tap on Install and select the SuperSU zip file that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
4. Now Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of the screen to begin the flashing process.
5. Now Reboot System.
Now your Phone is rooted. To verify root access, install/download any root checker app from the Play Store.
HowtoRootMobile a.k.a HMR is one of the biggest Android Rooting and Custom ROM guides websites which has been serving for last 5 years. Here you will get all the info about Rooting, Custom Recovery, Unlocking and Custom ROMS.