Now the Unofficial TWRP is available for the OnePlus 6 users and that means now you can easily Root OnePlus 6 Phone With Magisk. To root any Android Phbonme you all need a custom TWRP recovery to flash the root files. Now the TWRP is available for Oneplus 6 so here in this guide, we let you know how you can easily get the root access on the latest Oneplus 6 Smartphone. This is the 100% Working method to Root the OnePlus 6 and install the TWRP custom Recovery.
OnePlus is a very popular and successful smartphone brand right in the world right now. From last few years the company sold some of the best phones in the market. Now OnePlus has just launched their brand new OnePlus 6 which is their flagship device. The company sells this device under the name of a flagship killer. The phone runs on the Snapdragon 845 processor along with 6 or 8 gigs of RAM. As for storage, it has two variants, a 64GB one and another with 128 gigs of storage. And most of the users already got the phone and now want to root OnePlus 6.
Table of Contents
Guide to Root OnePlus 6 Phone and Install TWRP
So here is the complete guide to root the Oneplus 6 and Install TWRP recovery on Oneplus 6 phone. To get started all you have to Unlock the Bootloader of Your Oneplus 6.
Read all the instruction very carefully and follow them on your Phone. So let’s get started and Install TWRP Recovery & Root Zenfone Max Pro.
Why to Root Android and Benefit of Rooting
Many users don’t know what the main benefits of Root Android Devices. Once the device is rooted you have the full control on your android device. There are lots of tweaks and rooted application are available on the Internet which you will enjoy after the rooting your device and make lots of change on your system.
Not only this you can also enjoy lots of free Custom ROMs on your device, Themes, Modification, Icons packs, Fonts etc on your phone. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
What is TWRP Recovery
To root the Phone os change the Stock ROM on the Android phone. You need to replace the Android Stock Recovery with the Custom TWRP recovery. TWRP recovery gives so much option like flash zip file, take full backup of the System, Restore the System. And comes with lots of other features which you can’t enjoy the Stock recovery of the Android Phone.
Benefits Of Having TWRP Recovery
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
Pre-requirements to Root and Install TWRP
Before following the below Mention guide, It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites and requirement to stay safe.
Warning! We the Howtorootmobile.com team or the developers are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. Read all the instruction very carefully and Perform everything at your own risk.
1. Backup your phone data – Do take the Full Backup of your Android Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks. This one is one of the most important steps that you have to follow, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps. For help on Backup and Restore check out the below mention guides.
3. Charge Your Phone – If your device switched off during this process, it could damage or brick the device. Make sure that your Android battery is full charge or near about 50-70% battery level.
4. Check phone Model – This guide is only for the Oneplus smartphone. Don’t try this method on any of other Android devices, It may hard brick your device. So, first confirm your phone model number in your android phone settings. To do this Go the Settings page of your device and check out the “About Device” option.
After following the above mention steps follow the below mention guide one by one to proceed with the tutorial. All the above mention steps are very important, so do follow all the steps and do exactly what is told.
Download File to Root and Install TWRP
Install TWRP and Root Oneplus 6 With magisk
1.Enable USB debugging on your phone. Go to Setting -> About Phone -> Now Tap on Build Number until you see a message an on a screen like “You Are Now A Developer”.
2. Now you have developer option in your phone setting panel, go to Settings-> Developer Options -> Enable USB debugging and also enable OEM unlock. See the iamge below.
3. Unzip the Oneplus TWRP folder. -Put boot.img , root.zip, TWRP-BLUE-FIX.zip, and TWRPWorkingInstaller.zip on phone memory
-Put twrp.img in your fastboot/adb folder
4. Boot your phone isn fastboot mode. Connect your phone using the USB cable. Now open the command prompt window in the ADB Fastboot folder by Pressing Shift buuton on keyboard and Select Open Command Window Here.
5. Now enter this coomand to boot your phone in fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
6. Flash using these commands (Recovery must be flashed to both partitions in order to boot):
fastboot flash boot_a twrp.img
fastboot flash boot_b twrp.img
7. Now boot in the TWRP mode. Use vol up + power button until you see recovery.
8. Decrypt using your lockscreen passcode
9. TWRP will boot in Chinese (change to English): Boot into recovery through bootloader, 3rd row to the right is Settings, pick the globe and switch to English
Flash boot.img via TWRP
Flash Root.zip or you will bootloop
Flash Magisk zip file.
Once Magisk file is flashed, you’ll get Reboot System option, select it to restart the device. Your OnePlus 6 will boot into Android OS, and you will have the root access. Incase if you have any doubt feel free to write down in the comments section Down below.
HowtoRootMobile a.k.a HMR is one of the biggest Android Rooting and Custom ROM guides websites which has been serving for last 5 years. Here you will get all the info about Rooting, Custom Recovery, Unlocking and Custom ROMS.