Root and Install TWRP recovery on Galaxy J3
TWRP recovery is now available for the Samsung Galaxy J3 Android smartphone. This one is the official TWRP recovery, not the modified or unofficial. All credit goes to the TEAMWIN team to releasing the TWRP recovery for the Galaxy J3 Smartphone. Now with the help of this TWRP recovery, you can quickly flash the Super SU Zip file and rooted your phone. Here in this guide, i will show you how to TWRP recovery on Galaxy J3 and get the root access.
Note: Make sure you backup all important files on your phone before proceeding.
Install Galaxy J3 TWRP recovery and get Root
2. Now Download Odin 3.10.7 here to flash the recovery file on your phone. Unzip the folder
3. Now Enable OEM unlock on Your phone. To do this go to Settings » About phone » and tap “Build number” seven times to enable “Developer options”.
Now back to the Settings page,> “Developer options”. Under Developer options, look for “Enable OEM unlock” checkbox/toggle and make sure you Check it or turn it ON.
4. Boot Galaxy J3 in download mode. To do this turn off your android. Press and hold “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons for a few seconds until you see a warning screen.
Now press the Volume Up on the warning screen to accept it and boot into Download mode.
5. Once your phone in download mode, use the USB cable to connect your phone to the PC.
6. Now run the ODIN.exe file that you downloaded above.
7. On the ODIN screen, you will see the “Added!!” message.
8. Now click on the AP tab on Odin window and select the TWRP recovery .tar file that you downloaded for your device.
NOTE: on- Don’t select or check any other option in the ODIN screen.
9. Click the Start button in Odin and wait for it to finish the process.
10. Once the flashing process is done, you will see the pass message on the Odin screen.
Your device will automatically reboot when Odin is done flashing. You can then disconnect your device.
11. Now to root the phone. Download SuperSU v2.78 (latest) here and save the zip file on your phone.
12. Boot your device into TWRP recovery. Switch off your Phone and hold “Home + Power + Volume Up” buttons for a few seconds and as soon as you see your device’ logo on-screen, release three buttons altogether. Your device will boot into TWRP recovery.
13. Tap on “Install” and select the SuperSU zip file and flash the same on your phone to get the root access.
14. Once SuperSU is flashed, you’ll get “Reboot System” option, select it.
That’s it! Now your phone is rooted, and TWRP recovery installed on Galaxy J3