How To Root Huawei Y9 (2018) and Install TWRP Recovery? Are you the Huawei Y9 (2018) Android phone users and want to root the phone to install some custom rooms and rooted app on your phone. Here is the detailed guide to Root Huawei Y9 (2018) and Install TWRP Recovery. Huawei Y9 (2018) smartphone was launched in March 2018. And the low budget phone on the market. The phone comes with the 5.93-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2160 pixels, powered by 2.3GHz octa-core processor and it comes with 3GB of RAM, packs a 13-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 16-megapixel front shooter for selfies and runs Android 8.0 and is powered by a 4000mAh.
Huawei android phones come with an unlockable bootloader and it was easy to get the unlock code. You can get the unlock code form the Huawei sites. Once the bootloader is unlocked you can install TWRP recovery on the phone and get the root access with the help of Magisk root manager. So here you can learn How to Root Huawei Y9 (2018) and Install TWRP Recovery.
To root any android phone you need to flash the custom recovery. In the stock recovery of the phone, you can’t flash the rooting zip files. So the first most important part is to flash the TWRP on the phone. Rooting an Android smartphone or tablet is not that difficult task, all you need a patience. Rooting gives you lots of benefits like you can install rooted apps, flash custom ROMs, you can streamline your phone performance and many extra features.
Also, you can change the Stock ROM of your phone with some other modified Custom ROM once you rooted your phone. So if you want to use all these rooted features on your phone and want to gain root access then don’t worry, we have got you covered here.
Now the TWRP recovery is available for the phone. So this means you can root the phone easily. So without wasting time, Let’s get started, Follow the steps given below to Root the phone and Install TWRP Recovery.
Table of Contents
- 1 Guide to Root Huawei Y9 (2018) and Install TWRP Recovery
- 2 How to Root Huawei Y9 (2018) and Install TWRP Recovery
Guide to Root Huawei Y9 (2018) and Install TWRP Recovery
So here is the complete guide to root the phone and Install TWRP recovery on phone. Read the full guide completely and don’t skip any step form the guide to get the root access on your device.
Read all the instruction very carefully and follow them on your Phone. So let’s get started and Install TWRP Recovery & Root the phone.
Why to Root Android and Benefit of Rooting
Many users don’t know what the main benefits of Root Android Devices. Once the device is rooted you have the full control on your android device. There are lots of tweaks and rooted application are available on the Internet which you will enjoy after the rooting your device and make lots of change on your system.
Not only this you can also enjoy lots of free Custom ROMs on your device, Themes, Modification, Icons packs, Fonts etc on your phone. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
What is TWRP Recovery
To root the Phone os change the Stock ROM on the Android phone. You need to replace the Android Stock Recovery with the Custom TWRP recovery. TWRP recovery gives so much option like flash zip file, take full backup of the System, Restore the System. And comes with lots of other features which you can’t enjoy the Stock recovery of the Android Phone.
Benefits Of Having TWRP Recovery
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
Pre-requirements to Root and Install TWRP
Before following the below Mention guide, It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites and requirement to stay safe.
Warning! We the Howtorootmobile.com team or the developers are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. Read all the instruction very carefully and Perform everything at your own risk.
1. Backup your phone data – Do take the Full Backup of your Android Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks. This one is one of the most important steps that you have to follow, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps. For help on Backup and Restore check out the below mention guides.
3. Charge Your Phone – If your device switched off during this process, it could damage or brick the device. Make sure that your Android battery is full charge or near about 50-70% battery level.
4. Check phone Model – Don’t try this method on any of other Android devices, It may hard brick your device. So, first confirm your phone model number in your android phone settings. To do this Go the Settings page of your device and check out the “About Device” option.
After following the above mention steps follow the below mention guide one by one to proceed with the tutorial. All the above mention steps are very important, so do follow all the steps and do exactly what is told.
Download File to Root and Install TWRP
1. Download The USB drivers here on your PC.
2. Install the ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC, And you will see the ADB folder on your Windows C Drive (C:/ADB).
3. Download the Magisk manager zip file or SuperSu zip file to root the phone.
4. Download TWRP recovery for the phone.
How to Root Huawei Y9 (2018) and Install TWRP Recovery
Install TWRP on Huawei Y9 (2018)
1. Enable USB debugging on your phone. Go to Setting -> About Phone -> Now Tap on Build Number until you see a message an on a screen like “You Are Now A Developer”.
2. Now you have developer option in your phone setting panel, go to Settings-> Developer Options -> Enable USB debugging and also enable OEM unlock. See the image below.
3. Rename your TWRP recovery filename to recovery.img and save in the ADB folder that you created above while installing the ADB and fastboot files. You can find the ADB fodler on your windows system C drive (C:/ADB).
4. Now coonect your phone to the PC with orginal USB cable.
5. Now open a command window inside the ADB folder. To do that, “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open command window here” from the context menu.
6. And type the following into the command window to boot your device into bootloader/fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
7. Now your phone will boot on the fastboot bootloader mode. To check the connectipon berween your phone and PC. Enter the following coomand.
Now you will see some serial number on the screen. That means phone is connected.
8. Now issue the following command into command window to flash the TWRP recovery .img file.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
9. Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, issue the following command to reboot.
Done!!! Now you should have TWRP on your device
How to Root Root Huawei Y9 (2018)
1. Download Magisk.zip from the downlaods section
2. Now save the Magisk zip file in intenral memoey of your phone.
3. Time to boot your phone into TWRP recovery mode.
4. First power off the phone. To boot in custom TWRP recovery mode hold volume down + power key together.
5. Once you are in TWRP recovery mode release the key.
6. Tap on the install option. Find the Rooting Magisk zip and install it on your smartphone. Swipe the button to confirm the installation process.
8. That’s it… You have successfully rooted your phone. Now tap reboot system.
That’s it Now you have rooted Root Huawei Y9 (2018) Using Magisk manager and TWRP recovery.
So this was our guide on How To Root Root Huawei Y9 (2018) and Install TWRP Recovery. If you have any question ask us in the comment section below.
HowtoRootMobile a.k.a HMR is one of the biggest Android Rooting and Custom ROM guides websites which has been serving for last 5 years. Here you will get all the info about Rooting, Custom Recovery, Unlocking and Custom ROMS.