Honor 8 is the flagship model from the Huawei’s Honor brand and one of the most popular phone. Now the latest TWRP custom recovery is available for the phone and you can also Root Honor 8 with the help of this new official TWRP recovery.
As you know, that TWRP recovery is always useful to get the root access on any Android phone. All yo have to flash the Super SU zip file on recovery, and you can get the root access on your phone. Not only this you can take the Android backup with TWRP recovery and flash lots of unsigned zips files which may contain custom ROMs, MODs. So today here in this guide will show you how to install the TWRP recovery on Honor 8 and Root Honor 8 with Super su Zip file.
To get started all, you need to unlock the bootloader of your phone. To unlock the bootloader of your phone visit the Huawei official website and unlock your phone’s bootloader. After that follow the guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Honor 8.
Install TWRP on Honor 8
1. Setup and install ADB/fastboot drivers on your PC.
3. Download TWRP Recovery for your Honor 8 here (Rename file to TWRP) and save in an ADB folder on your PC that you create on step 1 (C:/ADB).
4. Enable Developer options and USB debugging on your Honor 8. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
5. Connect your Honor 8 to the PC.
6. Open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
7. Once the command prompt window will open, enter the following command to boot your phone into fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
8. Now type the below command and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
9. Now the TWRP is successfully installed on your phone. Now enter the command to reboot your phone.
This will reboot the device into the system.
Root Honor 8
1. Download SuperSu to root Huawei Honor 8 and copy it to your phone sd card.
2. Boot your device into Recovery mode (TWRP) by pressing ‘Volume Down + Power‘ button.
3. From TWRP go to Instal land locate the Super Su zip file that you saved on your phone.
4. Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. \
That’s it, you root Honor 8 and install the custom recovery on Honor 8 successfully.
HowtoRootMobile a.k.a HMR is one of the biggest Android Rooting and Custom ROM guides websites which has been serving for last 5 years. Here you will get all the info about Rooting, Custom Recovery, Unlocking and Custom ROMS.