Resurrection Remix-OS ROM is mostly known for his smoothness and features. The ROM comes with lots of inbuilt features and customization which you can’t able to find on any other custom ROM. It also supports the google camera and build on the latest version of Android OREO. The best part of this ROM is that it is available for almost all android phone whether it is Xiaomi, Oneplus, Google Pixel, Motorola etc.
If you are the Android phone user want to fully customize your phone and looking for the better battery performance then you have to must try this new build of the Resurrection Remix-OS ROM. Here is the full guide which you can follow on your devices and install this Resurrection Remix-OS ROM within a few minutes.
So today in this guide we will show you how to Install Resurrection Remix-OS ROM on Your Phone. To install any Custom ROM you need a Custom TWRP recovery and the Custom ROM zip file. But before that, you need to unlock the bootloader of the phone. Without unlocking the bootloader you can install the TWRP on your phone. So let’s take a look at how to do that.
Table of Contents
- 1 Install Resurrection Remix-OS ROM For Android
- 2 How to Install TWRP and Resurrection Remix-OS ROM on Youir Android
Install Resurrection Remix-OS ROM For Android
This guide is only for the Redmi Note 5 Pro phone users and don’t apply this method on any other Xiaomi Phone. Do take the full backup of your phone. Coz this process will delete all the data from your phone.
HowToRootMobile.com is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Features of Resurrection Remix-OS ROM
* ROM Logos ? Navigation bar ? - Enable/Disable Navbar - Navbar color tint - Navbar Button Customization smartbar - Navbar Pulse - Navbar Fling - Double Tap to sleep navbar ? Statusbar ? - Brightness Slider - Enable/Disable Show Notification Count - SuperUser Indicator Switch - Double Tap To sleep Statusbar - Carrier Label - Carrier Label Switch - Carrier label Color - Carrier Label Size - Clock Customizations - Time & date - Day & date Toogle - Center/Right/Left Clock Choice - Date Format - Clock Font Styles ? Battery ? - Battery Bar customization - Battery Icon Customization(circle/landscape/Potrait and more) - Battery % Text ? Network Traffic Indicator ? - Network Traffic Arrows Switch - Incoming/OutGoing Traffic - Network traffic Color ? Statusbar RR Logo ? - RR logo Color - Position ? Custom Logos ? - logo Color - Position - Style ? StatusBar Weather ? - Weather Color - Weather Position(left/right) - Weather Font Style - Weather Size ? StatusBar Ticker ? - Ticker Text color - Ticker Icon Color ? Animations ? - Toast Animations - System Animations - Misc Animations ? Gestures ? - Gestures Anywhere Feature - 3 Finger Swipe Screenshot Gesture ? App Circle Bar ? - Choose apps in AppSidebar - Trigger Width - Trigger Hieght - Trigger Position ? App Sidebar ? - Choose apps in App circle - Trigger Width - Trigger Hieght - Trigger Position ? Pie Control ? - Pie Trigger(left ,Right ,Bottom) - Pie Targets - Pie Colors - More Pie Features ? Recents Panel ? - Clear All button Switch - Clear All Tasks Switch - Clear All Button Location(Top right,Top Left,Top Center,Bottom Left,Bottom Right,Bottom Center) - Full Screen Recents - Recents Styles - OmniSwitch ? LockScreen ? - Lockscreen Bottom Shortcuts - Lockscreen General Shorcuts - 100+ Icons for Shortcuts - Double Tap to Sleep Lockscreen - Lockscreen Media Art/Enable Disable - Quick PIN/Patter Unlock - LockScreen Wallpaper - Lockscreen Weather Widget - Lockscreen Icons Color ? Quick Settings Draggable Tiles ? - Customizable Tiles - Dyanamic Tiles Adjustment - Number of columns/rows - Tile Animations ? Notification Drawer ? - Custom headers - LongPress Toogles to Enter Settings - Disable Immersive Mode Messages - Force Expand Notification - Quick PullDown - Smart Pulldown - Notification Panel Transperency - Volume Dialog Transperency - Notification Panel Stroke - Volume Dialog Stroke ? Buttons ? - Backlight Timer - Backlight Strength ? Advanced Reboot Menu ? - Power Off - Reboot(Recovery, Bootloader, Hot Reboot) - ScreenShot - Power Menu End Calls Switch - Restart SystemUI - Airplane Mode - ScreenRecord - On the Go Mode - Sound Panel ? Home Button(For devices with HW keys Only) ? - Home Button answer call - Long Press Actions - Double Tap Actions ? Menu Button(For devices with HW keys Only) ? - Short Press Actions - Long Press Actions ? Search Button(If Device Supports) ? - Short Press Action - Long Press Action ? Volume Buttons ? - Wake Up Device - Playback Control - Ringtone Volume Control - Keyboard Cursor Control - Swap Buttons on Landscape mode - Volume Key Answer ? Miscellaneous ? - Selinux Switch (Switch Between Permissive and Enforcing Selinux if Device has Selinux Enabled) - cLock Shortcut - Disable Battery Saver Warning Color - OTA Updates - Cammera Shutter Sound Enable/Disable ? SystemUI Tuner ? - Enabled By default - Removed Demo mode and Tweaked SystemUI Tuner As compared To AOSP - StatusBar Icons Cuzomizations - Quick Settings Customizations ? Other Features ? - Perfomance Profiles - LCD Density - Expanded Desktop Mode - Heads Up Switch and customizations - Live Display - Configurable 0,90,180,270 Degree Rotation - Lock Screen Autorotate Switch - Native Tap to Wake From Marshmallow - Double Tap Power Button To enable Camera gesture - Prevent Accidental Wakeup - Wake Phone on Charging Plug - Battery Light Customizations - Notification Light Customizations - Font Size - CM privacy guard - RR OTA - CM root inbuilt - New RR Configurations - Overall Smoothness Improvements - Optimizations to Improve Battery - Including all Android Oreo Features - Including all LOS 15 Features - And much much more ...
What is Custom ROM
Custom ROMs replace the pre-installed stock ROM of the Android devices. Whenever you buy your Android phone, the phone comes with a “stock ROM” or the “stock firmware”. This refers to the preinstalled operating system. By flashing the custom ROM on your phone, you can unlock extra features and sometimes improve the performance. Custom ROMs not only bring the latest version of Android but also give you many customization options. The possibilities are almost limitless.
Benefits of Custom ROM
- System Updates: You can run the Android versions which can make your old phone look new. And you will get all the latest System Updates in the custom ROM
- Customization: There are a number of features that can come with the custom ROM which you can’t find in the Stock ROM. So you can customized your phone as per your taste and working environment. For instance, Custom themes can bring a new look and feel to your device.
- Improve performance: One of the biggest advantages of using custom ROMs is your smartphone will be faster. Themes and applications preinstalled by the manufacturer are reduced to almost nothing. This saves a lot of memory space and increases the device’s performance.
- Root access: With root access, you have control over all of the functions of your device. With the original Android, some functions are hidden. Now the modified firmware gives you unlimited access to all the features of your smartphone. Furthermore, backups are performed more easily.
- Better signal and quality: Custom ROMs help you to improve your base-band which in turn increases the signal and quality of your phone call.
- Battery and Performance: Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
Pre-Requirements To Install Custom ROMS
Before following the below Mention guide, It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites and requirement to stay safe.
Warning! We the Howtorootmobile.com team or the developers are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. Read all the instruction very carefully and Perform everything at your own risk.
1. Backup your phone data – Do take the Full Backup of your Android Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks. This one is one of the most important steps that you have to follow, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps. For help on Backup and Restore check out the below mention guides.
3. Charge Your Phone – If your device switched off during this process, it could damage or brick the device. Make sure that your Android battery is full charge or near about 50-70% battery level.
4. Check phone Model – Don’t try this method on any of other Android devices, It may hard brick your device. So, first confirm your phone model number in your android phone settings. To do this Go the Settings page of your device and check out the “About Device” option.
After following the above mention steps follow the below mention guide one by one to proceed with the tutorial. All the above mention steps are very important, so do follow all the steps and do exactly what is told.
Download File to Install TWRP and Custom Rom
1. Download The USB drivers here on your PC.
2. Install the ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC, And you will see the ADB folder on your Windows C Drive (C:/ADB).
3. Download the Resurrection Remix-OS ROM and save the zip file on your phone.
4. Download the Open Gapps zip file and save the zip file on your phone.
5. Download TWRP recovery for the phone.
How to Install TWRP and Resurrection Remix-OS ROM on Youir Android
Install TWRP on Your Android
1. First Unlock the Bootloader of your phone. After that Enable USB debugging on your phone. Go to Setting -> About Phone -> Now Tap on Build Number until you see a message an on a screen like “You Are Now A Developer”.
2. Now you have developer option in your phone setting panel, go to Settings-> Developer Options -> Enable USB debugging and also enable OEM unlock. See the image below.
3. Rename your TWRP recovery filename to recovery.img and save in the ADB folder that you created above while installing the ADB and fastboot files. You can find the ADB folder on your windows system C drive (C:/ADB).
4. Now connect your phone to the PC with original USB cable.
5. Now open a command window inside the ADB folder. To do that, “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open command window here” from the context menu.
6. And type the following into the command window to boot your device into bootloader/fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
7. Once your phone in the boot loader or fast mode. Run this command to boot your phone fastboot mode.
fastboot boot recovery.img
8. Now your phone will boot in the TWRP recovery mode.
Now you can install the Custom ROM on your phone. Check the below guide to install the custom ROM.
How to Flash the Custom ROM on Android
1. Once your phone in the TWRP custom recovery mode. Go to Wipe button, then select “Advanced Wipe” from the following screen. From here, tick the boxes next to the Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache options, then swipe the slider at the bottom of the screen.
2. Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select the ROM .zip file that saved on your phone from the download section.
3. Once your ROM is successfully flashed. Flash the Google Apps or Gapps file. Once both the files are flashed you’ll see “Wipe cache/dalvik” option, select it and then “Reboot System”.
VIDEO: Install Resurrection Remix-OS ROM on Android
Direct Link to Youtube Video
That’s all. Your device will now reboot with the custom ROM you just flashed. If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section.
HowtoRootMobile a.k.a HMR is one of the biggest Android Rooting and Custom ROM guides websites which has been serving for last 5 years. Here you will get all the info about Rooting, Custom Recovery, Unlocking and Custom ROMS.