If you are the proud owner of the Zenfone Max Pro. Then this post is so helpful you, here in this guide we will show you how to install TWRP Recovery & Root Zenfone Max Pro. This is the 100% Working method to Root the Zenfone Max Pro and install the TWRP custom Recovery. Zenfone Max Pro is the new phone from the Asus mobile and launched Back in April 2018. The android beast is powered with the Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 Processor and 4/6GB of RAM and 64GB of Internal Storage. Is comes with Dual 13 megapixel rear and 16 megapixels front Camera, as well as the large 5000 mAh battery and run on the latest version of Android 8.1 Oreo.
To root any mobile phone, first, you have to unlock the bootloader, install TWRP and then get the root access on the phone with the help of ADB drivers. So here you will find all of them able to root Zenfone Max Pro and Install TWRP Recovery. After rooting and installing a custom recovery on your phone you will be able to install Custom ROMs and do a lot of customization.
Table of Contents
How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Zenfone Max Pro
This post is only about the Asus Zenfone Max Pro and don’t try this on any other phone. Zenfone Max Pro. Read all the instruction very carefully and follow them on your Phone. So let’s get started and Install TWRP Recovery & Root Zenfone Max Pro.
Why to Root Android and Benefit of Rooting
Many users don’t know what the main benefits of Root Android Devices. Once the device is rooted you have the full control on your android device. There are lots of tweaks and rooted application are available on the Internet which you will enjoy after the rooting your device and make lots of change on your system. Not only this you can also enjoy lots of free Custom ROMs on your device, Themes, Modification, Icons packs, Fonts etc on your phone.
What is TWRP Recovery
To root the Phone os change the Stock ROM on the Android phone. You need to replace the Android Stock Recovery with the Custom TWRP recovery. TWRP recovery gives so much option like flash zip file, take full backup of the System, Restore the System. And comes with lots of other features which you can’t enjoy the Stock recovery of the Android Phone.
Pre-requirements to Root and Install TWRP
Before following the below Mention guide, It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites and requirement to stay safe.
Warning! We the Howtorootmobile.com team or the developers are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. Read all the instruction very carefully and Perform everything at your own risk.
1. Backup your phone data – Do take the Full Backup of your Android Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks. This one is one of the most important steps that you have to follow, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps. For help on Backup and Restore check out the below mention guides.
3. Charge Your Phone – If your device switched off during this process, it could damage or brick the device. Make sure that your Android battery is full charge or near about 50-70% battery level.
4. Check phone Model – This guide is only for the Xiaomi smartphone. Don’t try this method on any of other Android devices, It may hard brick your device. So, first confirm your phone model number in your android phone settings. To do this Go the Settings page of your device and check out the “About Device” option.
After following the above mention steps follow the below mention guide one by one to proceed with the tutorial. All the above mention steps are very important, so do follow all the steps and do exactly what is told.
Download File to Root nad Isntall TWRP
How to Install TWRP on Zenfone Max Pro
1. Make sure that Zenfone Max Pro bootloader is unlocked.
2. Enable USB debugging on your phone. Go to Setting -> About Phone -> Now Tap on Build Number until you see a message an on a screen like “You Are Now A Developer”.
3. Now you have developer option in your phone setting panel, go to Settings-> Developer Options -> Enable USB debugging and also enable OEM unlock. See the iamge below.
4. Download TWRP recovery image for your Zenfone Max Pro fromm the above mention download links, Rename the file to recovery.img and save in the ADB folder that you credted at the time of installin the ADB drivers.
5. Connect your Zenfone Max Pro using the USB cable. Now open the command prompt window in the ADB Fastboot folder by Pressing Shift buuton on keyboard and Select Open Command Window Here.
6. Now boot your Zenfone Max Pro into Fastboot Mode Using this command.
adb reboot bootloader
7. Check the coonection of the Device by using the following command.
8. Once your phone in the fastboot mode. Run the follwing command to install TWRP.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
9. Now TWRP recovery will be successfully installed in you Zenfone Max Pro.
10. Now, Type the following command to reboot your phone.
That’s it, You have successfully installed TWRP recovery in Zenfone Max Pro. Now time to root the phone.
How to Root Zenfone Max Pro
1. Download Zenfone Max Pro Magisk.zip from the downlaods section
2. Now save the Magisk zip file in intenral meryr of your phone.
3. Time to boot Zenfone Max Pro into TWRP recovery mode.
4. First power off the phone. To boot in custom recovery mode hold volume down + power key together.
5. Once you are in TWRP recovery mode release the key.
6. Tap on the install option. Find the Rooting Magisk zip and install it on your smartphone. Swipe the button to confirm the installation process.
8. That’s it… You have successfully root Zenfone Max Pro without PC. Now tap reboot system.
That’s it Now you have rooted Zenfone Max Pro Using Magisk manager and TWRP recovery.
So this was our guide on How To Root Zenfone Max Pro and Install TWRP Recovery. If you have any question ask us in the comment section below.
HowtoRootMobile a.k.a HMR is one of the biggest Android Rooting and Custom ROM guides websites which has been serving for last 5 years. Here you will get all the info about Rooting, Custom Recovery, Unlocking and Custom ROMS.