B190 Nougat beta update available for Huawei Mate 9 (MHA-L29) devices and this update is released for the USA users. Huawei Mate 9 B190 Nougat Update comes with lots of new features and bug fixes. To install this Nougat update your Huawei Mate 9 [USA] all you have to download some files and you install the update on your phone with some simple steps.
You can Download Huawei Mate 9 B190 Nougat Firmware from below which has a build number MHA-L09C432B190/MHA-L29C432B190. Read all the steps very carefully and follow all of them step by step on your phone.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 Requirements to Update Huawei Mate 9 [USA]
- 0.2 1. BACKUP YOUR ANDROID DATA
- 0.3 2. CHARGE YOUR ANDROID
- 0.4 Firmware Details
- 1 Download Huawei Mate 9 B190 Nougat Update Files
- 2 How to Install B190 Nougat Update on Huawei Mate 9
We the Howtorootmobile.com team or the developers are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. Read all the instruction very carefully and Perform everything at your own risk.
CHECK PHONE MODEL
This guide is only for the Huawei Mate 9 [USA] android smartphone. Don’t try this method on any of other Android devices, It may hard brick your device. So, first confirm your phone model number in your android phone settings. To do this Go the Settings page of your device and check out the “About Device” option.
Requirements to Update Huawei Mate 9 [USA]
Before following the below Mention guide, It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites and requirement to stay safe.
1. BACKUP YOUR ANDROID DATA
Do take the Full Backup of your Android Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks. This one is one of the most important steps that you have to follow, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps. For help on Backup and Restore check out the below mention guides.
2. CHARGE YOUR ANDROID
If your device switched off during this process, it could damage or brick the device. Make sure that your Android battery is full charge or near about 50-70% battery level.
After following the above mention steps follow the below mention guide one by one to proceed with the tutorial. All the above mention steps are very important, so do follow all the steps and do exactly what is told.
- Device: Huawei Mate 9
- Model: MHA-L29
- Android: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Version: NRD90M
- EMUI: 5.0
- Firmware: B190
- Build Number: MHA-L29C567B190
- Security Patch Level: April 5, 2017
- Region: USA
- Status: Official (beta)
- Type: Full firmware package
- Release Date: 10.05.2017
- File Name: update.zip
Download Huawei Mate 9 B190 Nougat Update Files
Download Link: Official Mirror | Size: 1.7 GB
After downloading these 3 files. Rename these two files. Rename the “update_data_full_public.zip” file to update_data_public.zip and “update_full_hw_usa.zip” to update_all_hw.zip.
How to Install B190 Nougat Update on Huawei Mate 9
1. Make sure that you unlocked the Bootloader of your phone, If Not then follow this guide to unlock the bootloader of Your Huawei phone.
2. Create a new folder “HWOTA” on the microSD card of your cell phone. Copy the 3 firmware files (update.zip, cust bundle & public data package) provided above for this folder.
3. Now boot your phone in fastboot mode. To do this Switch off your phone and Hold Volume Down + Power button for a few seconds – your phone will now enter Fastboot mode.
4. Now download the Huawei updater tool zip file here on your Windows desktop and extract the HWOTA folder from it.
5. Open the HWOTA folder on your desktop and run the update.bat file as administrator. A window will open up asking you to reboot the phone in fastboot mode — as you have already done that, hit the Enter button to go ahead.
6. When the tool tells you to power your phone off, unplug the phone from the USB cable, and boot the phone in TWRP mode, Hold Power key to turn off and then reboot into TWRP mode by holding Volume up + Power for a few seconds.
Once you’re in TWRP mode, plug in the USB cable again and press the Enter key on your computer twice.
7. Now the tool will ask you for the update source, type “1” (without quotes) and press Enter. Next, it’ll ask you the update type, again type in “1” and press the Enter button twice.
8. Now the flashing process will start on your phone. Wait for to complete the process.
With this way, you can Download Huawei Mate 9 B190 Nougat Update on your phone. If you have any questions comment below.
HowtoRootMobile a.k.a HMR is one of the biggest Android Rooting and Custom ROM guides websites which has been serving for last 5 years. Here you will get all the info about Rooting, Custom Recovery, Unlocking and Custom ROMS.