Now LG Nexus 5X users can also enjoy the latest the Android 7.1.1 ROM on their phone. Xda Developer argraur created a PixelROM for Nexus 5 X with the System image of Google Pixel Android phone. The new ROM is called PixelMod and only available for the Nexus 5X users.
This is the first custom ROM for the LG Nexus 5X which is based on the latest build of Android 7.1.1 build. As per he developed the ROM is stable and all the Nougat features are working fine on the ROM. And yes this is the fastboot ROM and not the recovery ROM. SO you have to use the fastboot method to flash this custom ROM on your phone.
Features of Android 7.1.1 PixelROM for LG Nexus 5X
1. Modified SystemUI with Pixel’s white navigation bar
2. Pixel Launcher
3. Removed Android Beta screen at boot
4. Pixel Launcher Icons
5. Pixel Wallpaper Picker
6. Pixel SetupWizard
7. Pixel Bootanimation
8. Android 7.1.1
9. CF-AutoRoot by Chainfire
11. Google Assistant – from version 2.0
12. Round Icons
13. Battery Saver not orange, its transparent
14. Night Light Mode
15. Surround sound
How to Install Android 7.1.1 PixelROM for LG Nexus 5X
1. Download PixelROM for LG Nexus 5X here and Save on your desktop.
2. Extract file on your desktop.
3. Reboot your device to fastboot mode to flash the custom ROM on your phone.
4. Now connect your phone to the PC and Open the ROM folder. Run Flash-PixelROM.bat or Flash-PixelROM-NoWipe.bat (to flash without wiping userdata)
5. Now the Install will start on your phone.
6. Your device will boot directly to CF-AutoRoot.
7. Your device may reboot 2-3 times to flash the ROM and get the Root access.
8. Enjoy your Pixelized device!
For more update about the ROM, check out the original development page of the ROM at xda.