Official Android 7.1.1 Nougat update for Moto Z Play is now released and many Moto Z Play users already got this new Nougat Update on their phones. To install Android 7.1.1 Nougat Update on Moto Z Play, go to your phone settings and check the OTA update on your about phone. If you can’t see any update on your phone then you can flash the same manually on your phone. To install the latest Android 7.1.1 update on your phone all you need to flash the zip file of Android 7.1.1 Nougat Update with ADB commands on your Moto Z Play. Here are the full instructions to flash this new update on your Moto Z Play.
This method only works on Moto Z Play, don’t try it on other devices. Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
Your warranty is void if you follow the given instruction in this guide. We the Howtorootmobile.com team or the developers are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. Read all the instruction very carefully and Perform everything at your own risk.
CHECK PHONE MODEL
This guide is only for the Moto Z Play android smartphone. Don’t try this method on any of other Android devices, It may hard brick your device. So, first confirm your phone model number in your android phone settings. To do this Go the Settings page of your device and check out the “About Device” option.
Requirements to Apply
Before following the below Mention guide, It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites and requirement to stay safe.
1. BACKUP YOUR ANDROID DATA
Do take the Full Backup of your Android Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks. This one is one of the most important steps that you have to follow, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps. For help on Backup and Restore check out the below mention guides.
2. CHARGE YOUR ANDROID
If your device switched off during this process, it could damage or brick the device. Make sure that your Android battery is full charge or near about 50-70% battery level.
After following the above mention steps follow the below mention guide one by one to proceed with the tutorial. All the above mention steps are very important, so do follow all the steps and do exactly what is told.
Download Full Android 7.1.1 OTA Zip for Moto Z Play
How to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat Update on Moto Z Play
1) Enable USB debugging option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
3) Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows and install it on your PC. Now you will see the ADB folder on your Windows PC C Drive.
4) Download the NPN26.1-22 OTA zip from above mention link and save the file in the ADB folder (C:/ADB).
5) Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
3) From the reocvery menr and choose Apply update from ADB
4) Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC with the USB cable.
5) On ADB folder press shift+right click and click on open command here.
6) Now check your connection by typing the below command in the commnad promt window.
if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM
7) Now install the Android Nougat OTA Zip on Moto Z Play by typing below command
adb sideload File Name.zip
8)Now wait until the process completely and then Reboot the phone.
VOILA ! You updated your Moto Z Play with the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat Update. Let us know your thoughts about Moto Z Play Android 7.1.1 update in the comments below.