Android 7.0 Nougat is finally released and available for most the latest Nexus phones and tablets. But Nexus 4 is not on the list, so it mean that Nexus 4 users will not receive the Android 7.0 Nougat. And they have to stay with their current ROM. But don’t worry you can update Nexus 4 unofficially. Yes, all credit goes to the XDA developer zaclimon, who released the initial build of Android 7.0 AOSP ROM for Nexus 4. To install this Android 7.0 AOSP ROM. All, you need a phone with Custom TWRP recovery. Let’s take a look how to download and install Android 7.0 Nougat on Nexus 4
Table of Contents
Your warranty is void if you follow the given instruction in this guide. We the Howtorootmobile.com team or the developers are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. Read all the instruction very carefully and Perform everything at your own risk.
CHECK PHONE MODEL
This guide is only for the Nexus 4 Android smartphone. Don’t try this method on any of other Android devices; It may hard brick your device. So, first, confirm your phone model number in your android phone settings. To do this Go the Settings page of your device and check out the “About Device” option.
Requirements to Apply
Before following the below Mention guide, It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites and requirement to stay safe.
1. BACKUP YOUR ANDROID DATA
Do take the Full Backup of your Android Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks. This one is one of the most important steps that you have to follow, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps. For help on Backup and Restore check out the below mention guides.
2. CHARGE YOUR ANDROID
If your device switched off during this process, it could damage or brick the device. Make sure that your Android battery is full charge or near about 50-70% battery level.
After following the above mention steps follow the below mention guide one by one to proceed with the tutorial. All the above mention steps are very important, so do follow all the steps and do exactly what is told.
What’s Working on Android 7 Nexus 4 ROM :-
– H/W Acceleration
Download AOSP 7.0 Nougat ROM for Nexus 4
How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Nexus 4
1) Download both Android 7.0 ROM and Gapps from above and save it on your Nexus 4 phone.
2) Now time to Boot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button.”
3) In recovery mode do a Factory Reset. Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
3) Now go back. Select Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
5) Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
7) Done! Your Nexus 4 is running on the Android 7.0 Nougat. Let us know if you have any questions via comments below.
HowtoRootMobile a.k.a HMR is one of the biggest Android Rooting and Custom ROM guides websites which has been serving for last 5 years. Here you will get all the info about Rooting, Custom Recovery, Unlocking and Custom ROMS.