Here is the good new for the Mi3 and Mi4 user, if you are waiting for the Android 7.0 for your phone. Then you can install the AOSP 7.0 Nougat custom ROM on your phone. Android 7.0 AOSP ROM is available for most of the smartphones like Nexus 4, Oneplus, etc. Now the Custom ROM is available for the Xiaomi Mi3 & Mi4 users. XDA Senior Member vasishath released the initial build of Android 7.0 AOSP ROM for Mi 3 and Mi 4.
To flash this ROM all you need a phone with TWRP recovery, below are the steps which you can follow on your xiaomi phone and update the same with the latest Android 7.0 Nougat Custom ROM.
Your warranty is void if you follow the given instruction in this guide. We the Howtorootmobile.com team or the developers are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. Read all the instruction very carefully and Perform everything at your own risk.
CHECK PHONE MODEL
This guide is only for the Mi3 & Mi4 android smartphone. Don’t try this method on any of other Android devices, It may hard brick your device. So, first confirm your phone model number in your android phone settings. To do this Go the Settings page of your device and check out the “About Device” option.
Requirements to Apply
Before following the below Mention guide, It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites and requirement to stay safe.
1. BACKUP YOUR ANDROID DATA
Do take the Full Backup of your Android Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks. This one is one of the most important step that you have to follow, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps. For help on Backup and Restore check out the below mention guides.
2. CHARGE YOUR ANDROID
If your device switched off during this process, it could damage or brick the device. Make sure that your Android battery is full charge or near about 50-70% battery level.
After following the above mention steps follow the below mention guide one by one to proceed with the tutorial. All the above mention steps are very important, so do follow all the steps and do exactly what is told.
How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on Mi 3 and Mi 4
2. Download ZeurionX Kernal, yes you need to use this Custom Kernle to run the Androdi 7 on your phone.
3. Android 7.0 Gapps For Mi 3 and Mi 4. To isntall all the latest Google apps on your phone.
4. Once all the three files are downloaded. Save them on your phone and remember the location of the zip files.
5. Now Boot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button.”
6. Now in recovery mode do a Factory Reset. Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
7. Once completed, gfo back to the Home screen of TWRP and Hit the install option and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash kernel and GApps zip file.
8. Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
With this guide you can easily downlaod the AOSP 7.0 Nougat ROM for Mi 4 and Mi 3 and Update Mi 3 and Mi 4 to Android 7.0 Nougat. Let us know if you have any questions via comments below.