Here is the great new for the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 (SM-T820/T825) users, now they can Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Tab S3 (SM-T820/T825). One of the XDA member finally manages to install the Custom TWRP recovery on the Galaxy Tab S3. The recovery has some few bugs, but most of its features are working fine. So today here in this guide we will show you how to easily root the Galaxy Tab S3 nad Install the TWRP recovery.
The below mention tutorial is only for the Galaxy Tab S3 users and don’t use this method on any other Samsung phone. Read all the steps very carefully and follow them step by step on your phone.
Table of Contents
- 1 Requirements to Apply
- 1.1 1. BACKUP YOUR ANDROID DATA
- 1.2 2. INSTALL SAMSUNG USB DRIVERS
- 1.3 3. ENABLE USB DEBUGGING MODE
- 1.4 4. CHARGE YOUR ANDROID
- 1.5 Download Link to Root Galaxy Tab S3
- 2 How to root and install TWRP recovery on Galaxy Tab S3
Your warranty is void if you follow the given instruction in this guide. We the Howtorootmobile.com team or the developers are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. Read all the instruction very carefully and Perform everything at your own risk.
CHECK PHONE MODEL
This guide is only for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 Android smartphone. Don’t try this method on any of other Android devices; It may be hard brick your device. So, first confirm your phone model number in your android phone settings. To do this Go the Settings page of your device and check out the “About Device” option.
Requirements to Apply
Before following the below Mention guide, It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites and requirement to stay safe.
1. BACKUP YOUR ANDROID DATA
Do take the Full Backup of your Android Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks. This one is one of the most important steps that you have to follow, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps. For help on Backup and Restore check out the below mention guides.
2. INSTALL SAMSUNG USB DRIVERS
First you need to Setup ADB and Fastboot Drivers on windows PC. This will help you to send basic linux commands, and a variety Android specific commands from PC to connected Android devices.
Now you need to install the USB drivers to connect your device with the computer to follow this guide. Without these USB drivers you can’t connect your device to the PC, first download and install these drivers on your system.
3. ENABLE USB DEBUGGING MODE
Now you need to enable USB debugging mode. Without enabling USB debugging mode on your device you can’t start the root, Custom ROM or Unlock process.
4. CHARGE YOUR ANDROID
If your device switched off during this process, it could damage or brick the device. Make sure that your Android battery is full charge or near about 50-70% battery level.
After following the above mention steps follow the below mention guide one by one to proceed with the tutorial. All the above mention steps are very important, so do follow all the steps and do exactly what is told.
Download Link to Root Galaxy Tab S3
- Odin v3.10.7
- Download TWRP recovery for Galaxy Tab S3 (SM-T820)
- Download TWRP recovery for Galaxy Tab S3 (SM-T825)
- Download SuperSU zip file
- Download Boot image patcher
How to root and install TWRP recovery on Galaxy Tab S3
1. Enable OEM unlock on Your phone. To do this go to Settings » About phone » and tap “Build number” seven times to enable “Developer options”.
Now back to the Settings page,> “Developer options”. Under Developer options, look for “Enable OEM unlock” checkbox/toggle and make sure you Check it or turn it ON.
2. Boot your phone into download mode. To do this turn off your android. Press and hold “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons for a few seconds until you see a warning screen.
Now press the Volume Up on the warning screen to accept it and boot into Download mode.
3. Once your phone in download mode, use the USB cable to connect your phone to the PC.
4. Now run the ODIN.exe file that you downloaded above.
5. On the ODIN screen, you will see the “Added!!” message.
6. Now click on the AP tab on Odin window and select the TWRP recovery .tar file that you downloaded to your device.
NOTE: on- Don’t select or check any other option in the ODIN screen.
7. Click the Start button in Odin and wait for it to finish the process.
8. Once the flashing process is done, you will see the pass message on the Odin screen.
Your device will automatically reboot when Odin is done flashing. You can then disconnect your device.
Now the TWRP recovery is successfully installed don your phone, Now next step is to Root the phone.
9. Boot your device into TWRP recovery. Switch off your Phone and hold “Home + Power + Volume Up” buttons for a few seconds and as soon as you see your device’ logo on-screen, release three buttons altogether. Your device will boot into TWRP recovery.
10. Now from here select the WIPE option and Select the option “Format Data” and then click on yes to confirm.
11. In TWRP menu, choose Mount and then Mount Data by clicking on it.
12. Now, from TWRP’s main menu, click on Install.
13. Select the SuperSU zip file and flash the same on your phone to get the root access.
14. Now, go to the directory where you placed the Boot Image Patcher zip file and do the same.
15. Now at the end, go back to TWRP’s main menu and click on Reboot -> System.
To make sure you have correctly installed the above root method and it’s working, verify with Root Checker app from the google play store
HowtoRootMobile a.k.a HMR is one of the biggest Android Rooting and Custom ROM guides websites which has been serving for last 5 years. Here you will get all the info about Rooting, Custom Recovery, Unlocking and Custom ROMS.