Fix “Couldn’t Verify Device” Error During Bootloader Unlock on Xaiomi Phones
Many Xiaomi Users who are trying to unlock the bootloader of their phone are facing “Couldn’t Verify Device” Error. If you are the same and want to fix this problem, here is the complete guide which you can follow on your phone and fix this “Couldn’t Verify Device” Error During Bootloader Unlock. The main reason of this problem is that Mi Flash Unlock tool seems seeing your Mi account logged in your device is not the same account or might be the same account but with a different device. So here we’ll show you how to fix this error and successfully unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi phones.
How to Fix “Couldn’t Verify Device” Error
1. Apply for bootloader unlocking permission from this page. Once you receive the confirmation on your Mobile number. Wait for 5 to 6 days, before unlocking the bootloader. Because the Xiaomi Server will take some time.
2. Now download and install Mi Flash Unlock tool into your computer.
3. Open your phone and login to your MI Account with the Phone number that used to get the confirmation code
4. Now open the browser on your PC and visit https://i.mi.com/ and sign in using the same Mi Account (use your mobile phone number). And Find Your device from the dashboard. If you see any of your other old Xiaomi phone on the list. Remove them.
5. Now leave that for a day. And use your phone normally.
6. Now on the next day. Open up Mi Flash Unlock tool you have installed on Step 2 and login to your Mi Account using the same mobile number instead of email / ID.
7. Now on your phone Enable Developer Options, Go to Settings > About Phone > Now tap on “MIUI version” for about 7-10 times continuously until a message saying “You have enabled Developer Options” is displayed. Now Go Back Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options > Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.
8. After this Turn your phone off first and then reboot it into Fastboot mode by pressing Volume Down (-) and Power buttons simultaneously until you see Mi Bunny Fastboot logo.
9. Connect your phone to your computer, wait for a few seconds until your computer (and the tool) fully recognize your device.
10. Now start the unlocking process form the Unlock tool.
Voila! Your phone’s bootloader should be unlocked successfully. If you are still facing some problem, then check this guide.