Few days back we posted a guide on how to Root Motorola Moto X Android 4.2.2. With that Guide you will easily your root you phone and enjoy the benefits of rooting on your phone. Once your phone is rooted you will install lots of Custom ROM on your phone and enjoy lots of other mods and rooted application which you will not enjoy on your non rooted device. Most of the time when you are applying lots of modification and custom ROM on your phone, after some time you will face some kind of problem with Custom ROM or with your device such as slow performance, lag, battery issue and all. At that time to solve such kind of problems on your device you need to install the stock firmware. But most of the users don;’t know how to go back to the stock firmware or restore original Stock firmware on android smartphone. If you want to install stock firmware on your Moto X, you can follow the following tutorial to help you with the procedure.
But before follow the guide do take the backup of you device, restoring your phone to stock firmware will wipe its data. Once you are ready, read the below mention guide very carefully and follow all the instruction to complete the process.
Pre-requisites and Requirements
a) Before following the guide do take the Full Backup of your Android Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks. Looking for more ways to get the Backup your android device click here. So, in case if you lost some of your important data and files in the update or rooting process, then you can easily restore them from your backup file. Read also how to take the backup of WhatsApp messages and restore it.
b) Once the backup files are saved on your device or on your desktop, Enable USB debugging mode on your device, read the guide here how to enable USB debugging mode.
c) Make sure that your Moto X battery is full charge or near about 60-70% battery level.
d) Download the Latest Moto X USB drivers on your PC and install it to start the root process. You need these drivers to connect your device with the computer to follow this guide.
e) Download and setup the latest Android SDK on your computer: Click Here
After following the above mention steps follow the below mention guide one by one. All the above mention steps are very important, so do follow all the steps and do exactly what is told.
Restore Stock Firmware on Moto X Installation Steps
1. Download and install RSD Lite on your Windows computer, the application will work only with windows Computer.
2. Download the Stock Firmware for Moto X here, See the model number from the list and download the firmware as per your model name.
3. Now extract the downloaded Stock firmware on your desktop and search for the file with XML extension.
4. Open the XML file with Notepad/word editor/XML Editor/wordpad and find the line:
<step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" />
5. Select this entire line and just delete it out of the file and save the XML file.
6. Now Connect your Moto X tot eh Commuter with USB cable and Open command/cmd window and type the following command and hit enter
adb reboot bootloader
This will reboot your phone in fastboot mode.
7. Now run the RSD Lite and Select the three-dot browse file button and select the .XML file that you saved on step 5.
8. Now hit the Start button from the RSD Lite app and this will start the stock firmware installation process on your MOTO X.
That’s it. Now your phone has the original Stock Firmware.