After the long wait the new MIUI 22.214.171.124 Android 7.1.1 nougat update available for the Xiaomi Mi 5c users. The OTA update already started and many Mi 5c China users already got this new Nougat update on their phones. The new updates is packed with lots of new features which Xiaomi users are waiting for a long time. Download and Install Nougat Based MIUI 8.5 Update for Mi 5c from below.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 Requirements to Update Mi 5c
- 0.2 1. BACKUP YOUR ANDROID DATA
- 0.3 2. CHARGE YOUR ANDROID
- 1 Download MIUI 126.96.36.199 Android 7.1.1 update for Mi 5c
- 2 How to Install Android 7.1 Nougat on Mi 5c
We the Howtorootmobile.com team or the developers are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. Read all the instruction very carefully and Perform everything at your own risk.
CHECK PHONE MODEL
This guide is only for the Mi 5c android smartphone. Don’t try this method on any of other Android devices, It may hard brick your device. So, first confirm your phone model number in your android phone settings. To do this Go the Settings page of your device and check out the “About Device” option.
Requirements to Update Mi 5c
Before following the below Mention guide, It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites and requirement to stay safe.
1. BACKUP YOUR ANDROID DATA
Do take the Full Backup of your Android Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks. This one is one of the most important steps that you have to follow, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps. For help on Backup and Restore check out the below mention guides.
2. CHARGE YOUR ANDROID
If your device switched off during this process, it could damage or brick the device. Make sure that your Android battery is full charge or near about 50-70% battery level.
After following the above mention steps follow the below mention guide one by one to proceed with the tutorial. All the above mention steps are very important, so do follow all the steps and do exactly what is told.
Mi 5c Nougat Features –
Optimization – Android N update (02-20)
Fix – Brightness bar wasn’t displayed correctly when switching between automatic and manual modes (06-15)
New – Option for hiding the content of notifications on Lock screen (03-16)
Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
Optimization – Option for never requiring the Lock screen password (03-21)
Fix – Notification shade didn’t appear after swiping down in some cases (03-07)
Fix – Personal hotspot didn’t work after it was turned on using the Notification shade toggle (03-07)
Fix – Screen didn’t light up whenever a message with a verification code was received (03-07)
Fix – Lock screen notifications were blank in some cases (03-17)
Fix – Low battery prompt didn’t disappear from the Lock screen after the device was charged (03-17)
Fix – Couldn’t connect to the personal hotspot if it was turned on in the Notification shade (03-17)
Optimization – Third party app icons (03-17)
Optimization – Open the Weather app using the weather clock widget (03-21)
Optimization – Reduced size of the Home screen icons (04-20)
Fix – Issues with the positions of icons after restoring Home screen layout from Mi Cloud (03-07)
Optimization – Brand new City Management Interface with weather information. Optimize experience when switching multi cities (04-13)
Optimization – Performance issues occurred when multiple cities were selected (04-13)
New – Switches for common settings in search results (04-06)
Optimization – Use search to select your time zone (04-06)
New – Manage autostart for multiple system apps (03-28)
Optimization – Issues with automatic updates while connected to a personal hotspot (02-28)
Optimization – Angle calculations in scientific calculator (10-25)
Optimization – Replaced service provider for exchange rates (01-03)
Download MIUI 188.8.131.52 Android 7.1.1 update for Mi 5c
How to Install Android 7.1 Nougat on Mi 5c
Method 1: Flash via Recovery
1. Download the MIUI 8.5 Flashable Zip Offered in the above section
2. Move the downloaded file into the root of the internal storage
3. Launch Updater Program on your device.
4. Click the ‘…’ icon in the top-right corner.
5. Select Choose update package.
6. Select the downloaded file
7. Reboot the device if it does not reboot automatically.
Method 2: Flash via Flastboot Method
1. First, down load Mi Flash Tool, extract it and install it on your personal computer.
2. Now download MIUI 8 Fastboot ROM for your own device from above mentioned link.
3. Now boot your phone into Fastboot mode by pressing ‘volume-down + Power’ button.
4. Once your phone in fastboot mode. Connect your device to PC via micro-USB cable.
5. Copy the file path of ROM folder. See the screenshot below.
6. Now open MI Flash Tool and then Paste the address bar of this ROM as shown below.
7. First, click the ‘Refresh’ button (It will automatically identify your own device) and then click on the ‘Flash’ button to flash MIUI 8 Global ROM on Xiaomi Devices.
8. Watch for a certain time to complete the process.
Your device will boot on the most recent version.
So this Is the complete guide to Put in MIUI 8 Global ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5c phone. Comment below if you have any doubts.
HowtoRootMobile a.k.a HMR is one of the biggest Android Rooting and Custom ROM guides websites which has been serving for last 5 years. Here you will get all the info about Rooting, Custom Recovery, Unlocking and Custom ROMS.