Finally, the Android 8.0 Oreo LineagesOS 15 ROM is available for the Xiaomi Mi 6 smartphone. From here you can Download Oreo LineageOS 15 ROM On Mi 6. All credit goes to the XDA developers who created thin Android Oreo ROM for the Mi 6 users. All you need a phone with Custom TWRP recovery to install this Oreo ROM on your Mi 6 phone.
The ROM comes with many Android Oreo features and may contain some bugs. So let’s get started and, Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Mi 6 from below.
Table of Contents
We the Howtorootmobile.com team or the developers are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. Read all the instruction very carefully and Perform everything at your own risk.
Check phone Model
This guide is only for the Mi 6 Android smartphone. Donít try this method on any of other Android devices, It may hard brick your device. So, first confirm your phone model number in your android phone settings. To do this Go the Settings page of your device and check out the ìAbout Deviceî option.
Requirements to Root Lenovo K8 Note
Before following the below Mention guide, Itís always recommended to follow our pre-requisites and requirement to stay safe.
1. Backup your phone data – Do take the Full Backup of your Android Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks. This one is one of the most important steps that you have to follow, as we donít want anyone losing their personal data or apps. For help on Backup and Restore check out the below mention guides.
3. Charge Your Phone – If your device switched off during this process, it could damage or brick the device. Make sure that your Android battery is full charge or near about†50-70% battery level.
After following the above mention steps follow the below mention guide one by one to proceed with the tutorial. All the above mention steps are very important, so do follow all the steps and do exactly what is told.
Whats new in Android 8 Oreo
- 2x faster – Get started on your favorite tasks more quickly with 2x the boot speed when powering up
- Picture In A Picture†ñ Allows you to see two apps at once, it’s like having super strength and laser vision.
- Multi-Display Support†ñ This feature would provide you with the ability to launch an activity, say, Chrome, on a remote display like your HDTV or PC display. The potential applications for this feature are endless.
- Keyboard Navigation†ñ This feature would bring to you the ability to use keys to navigate apps.
- Background Limits†ñ This feature minimizes background activity in the apps you use least, it’s the super power you can’t even see.
- New Wi-Fi Features†ñ This new Android version would Include more Wi-Fi features like Neighborhood Aware Networking (NAN), which makes it easy for devices to connect with one another without an internet access point or internet access at all.
- New Emojiñ Share the feels with a fully redesigned emoji set, including over 60 new emoji.
- Notification Dots – Press the notification dots to quickly see what’s new, and easily clear them by swiping away.
- Autofill†ñ With your permission, Autofill remembers your logins to get you into your favorite apps at supersonic speed
Download Oreo LineageOS 15 ROM On Mi 6 Phone
Download the Latest Lineage OS 15 OREO ROM from – here
Download Gapps Package for the OREO ROM – here
Install LineageOS 15 Android 8 Oreo On Mi 6
1. Make sure that the TWRP custom recovery is installed on your phone.
2. Download the OREO ROM and Gapps zip file on your phone and remember the location of the files.
3. Boot your phone into Recovery Mode. See how to boot in recovery mode.
4. (Recommended, but optional) Create a backup of data and system.
5. Now from TWRP screen go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select System, Data, and Cache > Swipe Wipe.
6. After that go the main page of TWRP and Click on the Install button and flash the OREO ROM file.
7. After that Flash the Gapps zip file to install the Google Application on the ROM.
8. Once both the files are flashed on the phone. Reboot your phone.
Now you successfully updated your Xiomi Mi 6 with the Android OREO LineageOS 15 ROM.
If you need any help regarding this, feel free to drop us a comment below, and we will reply back as soon as possible.
Via – XDA
HowtoRootMobile a.k.a HMR is one of the biggest Android Rooting and Custom ROM guides websites which has been serving for last 5 years. Here you will get all the info about Rooting, Custom Recovery, Unlocking and Custom ROMS.