From last few days, we are receiving so many requests that how to install AospExtended ROM on MI A1 or how to Download AospExtended ROM For MI A1. So today we are back again with a new How to Install Custom ROm guide. Here in this guide, we will show you how to install the AospExtended ROM on rooted MI a1 phone with the help of Custom Recovery. ThsiRIM is based on the Android 8.1 OREO comes with all the 8.1 OREO features. Not only this you can find more thing in this ROM like change fonts, changes status bar look, change lock screens look and lots more HQ wallpapers. For more features check out the ROM features section below.
This is one of the most famous ROM for the Mi A1 and Most of the users are using this ROM. And Many of them are very happy with the performance of this new custom ROM, To flash Any custom ROM you need a TWRP recovery. And Custom ROM file, also Google Apps zip file to install the Google Apps with this ROM. You can download all these files from the download section and save file on your phone. This Guide is only for the MI A1 users and doesn’t follow this method on any other phone.
So today in this guide we will show you how to Install AospExtended ROM on Mi A1. But before that, you need to unlock the bootloader of the phone. Without unlocking the bootloader you can install the TWRP on your phone. So let’s take a look at how to do that.
Table of Contents
- 1 Install AospExtended ROM 8.1 Oreo on Mi A1
- 2 How to Install TWRP and AospExtended ROM on Mi A1
Install AospExtended ROM 8.1 Oreo on Mi A1
This guide is only for the Mi A1 phone users and don’t apply this method on any other Xiaomi Phone. Do take the full backup of your phone. Coz this process will delete all the data from your phone.
HowToRootMobile.com is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Features of AospExtended ROM
-Substratum Theme Engine
-Omni’s QSHeaders Background
-One Handed UI
-Grid Recents UI
-Statusbar Clock/Date Customizations
-Dashboard Suggestions/Summaries (Enable/Disable)
-Increasing Volume in Ringtone
-D2S On Navbar
-Long Press Back button to Kill App
-Dashboard Column Configurations
-Detailed Location QS Tile!
-Statusbar Traffic Indicators
-DT2S On Statusbar
-QS Quick Pulldown
-QS Brightness Slider (Enable/Disable)
-QS Tiles Animations
-Force Expand Notifications (Enable/Disable)
-Immersive Mode messages (Enable/Disable)
-MediaScanner Behaviour On Boot
-Power Menu Customizations
-Additional Battery Saver steps
-Volume Rocker Tweaks (Wake/Music seek/Keyboard cursor control/Swap in landscape mode)
-Add Gestures Back to Settings App
-QS Haptic Feedback
-One Tap Data & Wifi Tile
-Auto Brightness Icon Toggle
-Clickable Clock and Date in Statusbar Header
-Long Press Gear Icon in Statusbar Header Launches Extensions
-Show 4G instead LTE switch
-Night Mode QS Tile
-Long press Caffeine Tile Action
-Customize QS Rows/Columns
-Customize small QS Tiles
-StatusBar Brightness Control
-Double Tap on Lockscreen to Sleep
-Quick Unlock for PIN/Password
-Battery Styles and Percentage
-Navbar QS Tile
-Flip Button Animation
-Unlink Notification Volume
-Status bar Clock Seconds
-Partial Screenshot Type
-Retro Music Player
-Pixel’s UI (Navbar/Accent/Pixellauncher)
-Camera Sound Toggle
-Advance Ambient Display
-Longpress Power Button on Lockscreen for Torch
-Toggle Lockscreen Media Art
-Toggle Lockscreen Music Visualizer
-Bluetooth QS Tile Easy Toggle
-Disable QS on Lockscreen
-Invert Ambient Display’s Color
-Toggle Dynamic Notification Card’s Color
-Low Battery Notification Toggle
-Hide Clock/Date/Alarm Text from Lockscreen
-Lockscreen Clock’s Font Customizations
-Weather on Lockscreen
-Heads up Customizations
-DU’s HW Button Rebinding
-Button Backlight Customizations
-Recents Clear All FAB button and Re-positioning
-Recents Free Ram bar
-Custom Carrier label
-Paranoid Android PIE Controls
-Pocket Lock & Pocket Judge (Accidental Touch)
-Toggle power menu on Lockscreen
-CPU info switch
-Disable orange color in battery saver mode
-PiP QS tile
-New pretty adaptive icons for included AOSP apps
-Toggle Always On display
-Run SysUI tuner from Extensions
-Built in DarkUI with multiple accents
What is Custom ROM
Custom ROMs replace the pre-installed stock ROM of the Android devices. Whenever you buy your Android phone, the phone comes with a “stock ROM” or the “stock firmware”. This refers to the preinstalled operating system. By flashing the custom ROM on your phone, you can unlock extra features and sometimes improve the performance. Custom ROMs not only bring the latest version of Android but also give you many customization options. The possibilities are almost limitless.
Benefits of Custom ROM
- System Updates: You can run the Android versions which can make your old phone look new. And you will get all the latest System Updates in the custom ROM
- Customization: There are a number of features that can come with the custom ROM which you can’t find in the Stock ROM. So you can customized your phone as per your taste and working environment. For instance, Custom themes can bring a new look and feel to your device.
- Improve performance: One of the biggest advantages of using custom ROMs is your smartphone will be faster. Themes and applications preinstalled by the manufacturer are reduced to almost nothing. This saves a lot of memory space and increases the device’s performance.
- Root access: With root access, you have control over all of the functions of your device. With the original Android, some functions are hidden. Now the modified firmware gives you unlimited access to all the features of your smartphone. Furthermore, backups are performed more easily.
- Better signal and quality: Custom ROMs help you to improve your base-band which in turn increases the signal and quality of your phone call.
- Battery and Performance: Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
Pre-Requirements To Install Custom ROMS
Before following the below Mention guide, It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites and requirement to stay safe.
Warning! We the Howtorootmobile.com team or the developers are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. Read all the instruction very carefully and Perform everything at your own risk.
1. Backup your phone data – Do take the Full Backup of your Android Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks. This one is one of the most important steps that you have to follow, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps. For help on Backup and Restore check out the below mention guides.
3. Charge Your Phone – If your device switched off during this process, it could damage or brick the device. Make sure that your Android battery is full charge or near about 50-70% battery level.
4. Check phone Model – Don’t try this method on any of other Android devices, It may hard brick your device. So, first confirm your phone model number in your android phone settings. To do this Go the Settings page of your device and check out the “About Device” option.
After following the above mention steps follow the below mention guide one by one to proceed with the tutorial. All the above mention steps are very important, so do follow all the steps and do exactly what is told.
Download File to Install TWRP and Custom Rom
1. Download The USB drivers here on your PC.
2. Install the ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC, And you will see the ADB folder on your Windows C Drive (C:/ADB).
3. Download the AospExtended ROM zip file here and save the zip file on your phone.
4. Download TWRP recovery for the phone.
5. Download TWRP installer zip file
5. Download Magisk Manager
6. Download Google Apps
How to Install TWRP and AospExtended ROM on Mi A1
Install TWRP and Unlock Mi A1
1. Enable USB debugging on your phone. Go to Setting -> About Phone -> Now Tap on Build Number until you see a message an on a screen like “You Are Now A Developer”.
2. Now you have developer option in your phone setting panel, go to Settings-> Developer Options -> Enable USB debugging and also enable OEM unlock. See the image below.
3. Rename your TWRP recovery filename to recovery.img and save in the ADB folder that you created above while installing the ADB and fastboot files. You can find the ADB folder on your windows system C drive (C:/ADB).
4. Now connect your phone to the PC with original USB cable.
5. Now open a command window inside the ADB folder. To do that, “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open command window here” from the context menu.
6. And type the following into the command window to boot your device into bootloader/fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
7. Once your phone in the boot loader or fast mode. You need to Unlock Bootloader of Mi a1. If you already done it then go to the Step 8. Run this command to unlock.
fastboot oem unlock
8. Now time to boot the phone in recovery mode.
fastboot boot recovery.img
9. Now your phone will boot in the TWRP recovery mode.
10. Change Partition slot using twrp[Reboot–> Change_Slot] (for example, if you’re in slot A, change it to Slot B and Vice versa)
11. Now flash twp-installer.zip
12. Reboot System.
Now you can install the Custom ROM on your phone. Check the below guide to install the custom ROM.
How to Flash the Custom ROM on MI A1
1. Once your phone in the TWRP custom recovery mode. Go to Wipe button, then select “Advanced Wipe” from the following screen. From here, tick the boxes next to the Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache options, then swipe the slider at the bottom of the screen.
2. Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select the ROM .zip file that saved on your phone from the download section.
3. Once your ROM is successfully flashed, Flash TWRP installer and reboot to recovery.
4. Install GAPPS package and latest Magisk manager zip file.
5. Wipe cache and Reboot to system!
VIDEO: Install AOSPExtended ROM on Mi A1
Direct Link to YouTube Video
That’s all. Your device will now reboot with the custom ROM you just flashed. If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section.
HowtoRootMobile a.k.a HMR is one of the biggest Android Rooting and Custom ROM guides websites which has been serving for last 5 years. Here you will get all the info about Rooting, Custom Recovery, Unlocking and Custom ROMS.