No doubt OnePlus One is the best Android phone from the Oneplus team, and many android users still have that phone. If you are one of the Oneplus One users then here is good news for your now you can Download Android 8 Oreo On OnePlus One [AOSP ROM]. XDA Senior Member Agent_fabulous and team released the Experimental build of Android OREO ROM for the Oneplus one users.
To install this ROM on your phone all you need a Oneplus one with the TWRP custom recovery. The ROM is relatively stable for an early build, and most of the features are working fine like WiFi, Bluetooth, RIL, audio and video playback, NFC and more. If you want to test this Android OREO rom on your Oneplus one, then follow the guide and install the same on your phone.
Table of Contents
We the Howtorootmobile.com team or the developers are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. Read all the instruction very carefully and Perform everything at your own risk.
Check phone Model
This guide is only for the OnePlus One Android smartphone. Don’t try this method on any of other Android devices; It may be hard brick your device. So, first confirm your phone model number in your android phone settings. To do this Go the Settings page of your device and check out the “About Device” option.
Requirements to Install Android OREO
Before following the below Mention guide, It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites and requirement to stay safe.
1. Backup your phone data – Do take the Full Backup of your Android Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks. This one is one of the most important steps that you have to follow, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps. For help on Backup and Restore check out the below mention guides.
3. Charge Your Phone – If your device switched off during this process, it could damage or brick the device. Make sure that your Android battery is full charge or near about 50-70% battery level.
After following the above mention steps follow the below mention guide one by one to proceed with the tutorial. All the above mention steps are very important, so do follow all the steps and do exactly what is told.
Whats new in Android 8 Oreo
- 2x faster – Get started on your favorite tasks more quickly with 2x the boot speed when powering up
- Picture In A Picture – Allows you to see two apps at once, it’s like having super strength and laser vision.
- Multi-Display Support – This feature would provide you with the ability to launch an activity, say, Chrome, on a remote display like your HDTV or PC display. The potential applications for this feature are endless.
- Keyboard Navigation – This feature would bring to you the ability to use keys to navigate apps.
- Background Limits – This feature minimizes background activity in the apps you use least, it’s the super power you can’t even see.
- New Wi-Fi Features – This new Android version would Include more Wi-Fi features like Neighborhood Aware Networking (NAN), which makes it easy for devices to connect with one another without an internet access point or internet access at all.
- New Emoji– Share the feels with a fully redesigned emoji set, including over 60 new emoji.
- Notification Dots – Press the notification dots to quickly see what’s new, and easily clear them by swiping away.
- Autofill – With your permission, Autofill remembers your logins to get you into your favorite apps at supersonic speed
Download Android 8 Oreo On OnePlus One
- Download the Android Oreo ROM for the Oneplus One here
- Download the Gapps for the Android 8 ROM here
Install Android 8 Oreo On OnePlus One
1. Make sure that the TWRP custom recovery is installed on your phone.
2. Download the OREO ROM and Gapps zip file on your phone and remember the location of the files.
3. Boot your phone into Recovery Mode. See how to boot in recovery mode.
4. Now from TWRP screen go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select System, Data, and Cache > Swipe Wipe.
5. After that go the main page of TWRP and Click on the Install button and flash the OReo ROM file.
6. After that Flash the Gapps zip file to install the Google Application on the ROM.
7. Once both the files are flashed on the phone. Reboot your phone.
Now you successfully update your Oneplus One with the Android OREO ROM.
If you need any help regarding this, feel free to drop us a comment below, and we will reply back as soon as possible.
Via – XDA
HowtoRootMobile a.k.a HMR is one of the biggest Android Rooting and Custom ROM guides websites which has been serving for last 5 years. Here you will get all the info about Rooting, Custom Recovery, Unlocking and Custom ROMS.