Android 8.0 Oreo is officially released for the Google Pixel users and now some of the XDA developers created the Android 8.0 Oreo AOSP ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Android smartphone. Android OREO comes with lots of new features like notification badges, picture in picture mode and lock screen shortcuts. If you are the Redmi note 3 user and want to test the Android OREO on your phone, here is the guide which you can use and download Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi Note 3.
To install the Android OREO on your Redmi note 3 all you need a phone with the TWRP recovery installed. To flash the ROM on your phone, Just download the OREO ROM on your phone and install with the help of TWRP recovery.
Table of Contents
Download Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi Note 3
Download The AOSP ROM Android Oreo For Redmi Note 3 here and save the zip file on your phone.
We the Howtorootmobile.com team or the developers are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. Read all the instruction very carefully and Perform everything at your own risk.
Check phone Model
This guide is only for the Lenovo K8 Note Android smartphone. Don’t try this method on any of other Android devices, It may hard brick your device. So, first confirm your phone model number in your android phone settings. To do this Go the Settings page of your device and check out the “About Device” option.
Requirements to Install Android OREO
Before following the below Mention guide, It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites and requirement to stay safe.
1. Backup your phone data – Do take the Full Backup of your Android Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks. This one is one of the most important steps that you have to follow, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps. For help on Backup and Restore check out the below mention guides.
3. Charge Your Phone – If your device switched off during this process, it could damage or brick the device. Make sure that your Android battery is full charge or near about 50-70% battery level.
After following the above mention steps follow the below mention guide one by one to proceed with the tutorial. All the above mention steps are very important, so do follow all the steps and do exactly what is told.
Install Android 8.0 OREO on Redmi Note 3
1. Save the Android OREO ROM zip file on your phone.
2. After that, boot your phone into TWRP Recovery mode. To do this press Volume Up + Power Button. Make sure to hold it for 4-5 seconds until you see TWRP logo.
3. Now in TWRP, wipe all the data and factory reset the smartphone. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select System, Cache, Dalvik Cache and swipe to wipe.
4. Now go back to the main menu and Hit on the Install button and flash the AOSP ROM zip file.
5. Once the file is flashed. Reboot your phone now and complete the setup process
So this way you can install the Oreo ROM on your Redmi note 3. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Via – XDA