crDroid Custom ROM is based on the LineageOS and comes with lots of customization and features. In this custom ROM, you can customize your installation with more than 40+ options found under crDroid Settings. That means you can customize each and everything in your phone like Status bars, Quick settings, Lock Screen, Navigation, User Interface and lots more. One of the most smooth ROM with lots of inbuilt features. To install this ROM all you have to flash 2 zip file on your phone.
This ROM is not only for the Redmi Note 5 pro users, it is available for lots of phone like Asus, HTC, HUWAEI, Google, Motorola, Xiaomi, Samsung and more. All you have to visit the site and download the ROM for your phone. And follow the below mention instruction to flash the same on your phone.
So today in this guide we will show you how to Install crDroid Custom ROM on Your Phone. To install any Custom ROM you need a Custom TWRP recovery and the Custom ROM zip file. But before that, you need to unlock the bootloader of the phone. Without unlocking the bootloader you can install the TWRP on your phone. So let’s take a look at how to do that.
Table of Contents
- 1 Install crDroid Custom ROM on Android
- 2 How to Install TWRP and crDroid Custom ROM on Your Android
Install crDroid Custom ROM on Android
This guide is only for the Redmi Note 5 Pro phone users and don’t apply this method on any other Xiaomi Phone. Do take the full backup of your phone. Coz this process will delete all the data from your phone.
HowToRootMobile.com is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Features of crDroid Custom ROM
- Android 8.1.0_r26
- Pixel look and feel
- crDroid Music – Music player based on Phonograph
- crDroid File Manager – File manager based on Amaze File manager
- crDroid Home – Revamped and customized launcher with Google now integration
- crDroid Settings – Our own chamber of secrets with below customization settings
- OTA notification for officially supported devices
- ART and BIONIC optimizations
- Status Bar icons toggle (including NFC and Roaming icon toggles)
- Clock & date customizations
- Carrier label customizations
- Network Traffic customizations
- Customization for weather info in statusbar
- Data activity toggles
- Battery image and percentage toggle
- BT battery toggle
- Battery Bar customizations
- Custom logo customizations
- Tap to sleep toggle
- Brightness gesture control
- Quick Pulldown customizations
- Smart Pulldown customizations
- Ticker customizations
- Custom header customizations
- BT battery toggle
- Weather tile customizations
- Quick scroller for small QS tiles
- Rows/columns configuration
- Brightness slider configuration
- Vibrate on touch toggle
- Additional tiles: Sync, Caffeine, Ambient notifications, Always On display, Sound, Volume, Compass, USB Tethering, Music, Expanded Desktop, PIP, Weather, Reboot/Recovery/Power Off, HW keys
- Customization for weather on lockscreen
- Visualization toggle
- Media cover art toggle
- Battery info toggle
- Face auto unlock for recognized trusted faces
- Tap to sleep toggle
- Notifications customizations
- Toggle to access power menu and quick settings on secured lock screen
- Fingerprint authentication vibration toggle
- Icon pack support
- Immersive recents toggle
- Memory bar toggle
- Clear All FAB button customizations
- Misc buttons toggle
- Deep clear
- Slim recents customizations
- Navigation bar toggle
- Stock navbar customizations
- DUI Smartbar customizations
- DUI Fling customizations
- Navbar height customizations
- Dynamic Navbar toggle
- Pulse customizations – Music visualization for smart bar
- Disable navigation HW keys
- Backlight toggle and timeout settings
- Accidental touch prevention for navigation HW keys
- HW button mapping
- Advanced reboot toggle
- Power menu customizations
- End call with power button
- Long press power button for torch
- Kill app with back button
- Wake device with HW non-capacitive button
- Control playback with volume buttons
- Keyboard cursor control with volume buttons
- Swap volume keys on orientation change
- Additional button settings for device specific customization
- Ambient display customizations
- Ambient music ticker customizations
- Color styles – switching between light dark and accent themes
- Font customizations
- Expanded Desktop customizations
- Gesture settings
- Swipe notifications with back-mounted FP sensor
- Screen off animations
- Custom animations for system, toast, QS tiles, list view
- Android P animation toggle
- Toggle to disable animations
- Scrolling cache toggle
- Power notification controls
- Force expanded notifications toggle
- LED customizations for notifications and battery
What is Custom ROM
Custom ROMs replace the pre-installed stock ROM of the Android devices. Whenever you buy your Android phone, the phone comes with a “stock ROM” or the “stock firmware”. This refers to the preinstalled operating system. By flashing the custom ROM on your phone, you can unlock extra features and sometimes improve the performance. Custom ROMs not only bring the latest version of Android but also give you many customization options. The possibilities are almost limitless.
Benefits of Custom ROM
- System Updates: You can run the Android versions which can make your old phone look new. And you will get all the latest System Updates in the custom ROM
- Customization: There are a number of features that can come with the custom ROM which you can’t find in the Stock ROM. So you can customized your phone as per your taste and working environment. For instance, Custom themes can bring a new look and feel to your device.
- Improve performance: One of the biggest advantages of using custom ROMs is your smartphone will be faster. Themes and applications preinstalled by the manufacturer are reduced to almost nothing. This saves a lot of memory space and increases the device’s performance.
- Root access: With root access, you have control over all of the functions of your device. With the original Android, some functions are hidden. Now the modified firmware gives you unlimited access to all the features of your smartphone. Furthermore, backups are performed more easily.
- Better signal and quality: Custom ROMs help you to improve your base-band which in turn increases the signal and quality of your phone call.
- Battery and Performance: Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
Pre-Requirements To Install Custom ROMS
Before following the below Mention guide, It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites and requirement to stay safe.
Warning! We the Howtorootmobile.com team or the developers are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. Read all the instruction very carefully and Perform everything at your own risk.
1. Backup your phone data – Do take the Full Backup of your Android Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks. This one is one of the most important steps that you have to follow, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps. For help on Backup and Restore check out the below mention guides.
3. Charge Your Phone – If your device switched off during this process, it could damage or brick the device. Make sure that your Android battery is full charge or near about 50-70% battery level.
4. Check phone Model – Don’t try this method on any of other Android devices, It may hard brick your device. So, first confirm your phone model number in your android phone settings. To do this Go the Settings page of your device and check out the “About Device” option.
After following the above mention steps follow the below mention guide one by one to proceed with the tutorial. All the above mention steps are very important, so do follow all the steps and do exactly what is told.
Download File to Install TWRP and Custom Rom
1. Download The USB drivers here on your PC.
2. Install the ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC, And you will see the ADB folder on your Windows C Drive (C:/ADB).
3. Download the crDroid Custom ROM and save the zip file on your phone.
4. Download the Open Gapps zip file and save the zip file on your phone.
5. Download TWRP recovery for the phone.
How to Install TWRP and crDroid Custom ROM on Your Android
Install TWRP on Your Android
1. First Unlock the Bootloader of your phone. After that Enable USB debugging on your phone. Go to Setting -> About Phone -> Now Tap on Build Number until you see a message an on a screen like “You Are Now A Developer”.
2. Now you have developer option in your phone setting panel, go to Settings-> Developer Options -> Enable USB debugging and also enable OEM unlock. See the image below.
3. Rename your TWRP recovery filename to recovery.img and save in the ADB folder that you created above while installing the ADB and fastboot files. You can find the ADB folder on your windows system C drive (C:/ADB).
4. Now connect your phone to the PC with original USB cable.
5. Now open a command window inside the ADB folder. To do that, “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open command window here” from the context menu.
6. And type the following into the command window to boot your device into bootloader/fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
7. Once your phone in the boot loader or fast mode. Run this command to boot your phone fastboot mode.
fastboot boot recovery.img
8. Now your phone will boot in the TWRP recovery mode.
Now you can install the Custom ROM on your phone. Check the below guide to install the custom ROM.
How to Flash the Custom ROM on Android
1. Once your phone in the TWRP custom recovery mode. Go to Wipe button, then select “Advanced Wipe” from the following screen. From here, tick the boxes next to the Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache options, then swipe the slider at the bottom of the screen.
2. Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select the ROM .zip file that saved on your phone from the download section.
3. Once your ROM is successfully flashed. Flash the Google Apps or Gapps file. Once both the files are flashed you’ll see “Wipe cache/dalvik” option, select it and then “Reboot System”.
VIDEO: Install crDroid Custom ROM on Android
Direct Link to Youtube Video
That’s all. Your device will now reboot with the custom ROM you just flashed. If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section.
HowtoRootMobile a.k.a HMR is one of the biggest Android Rooting and Custom ROM guides websites which has been serving for last 5 years. Here you will get all the info about Rooting, Custom Recovery, Unlocking and Custom ROMS.